Can’t add Karoo “launcher” to Nova home screen?

Third-party apps, customisation, mods, development, custom kernels & ROMs

WARNING - Here be dragons!
If you don't entirely understand what you're doing, even following someone else's guide could end up with you bricking your Karoo, or leaving it in an unsupported state with no way to go back. By all means enter, read and learn, but undertake actions on your Karoo at your own risk!
Forum rules
Undertake any procedures at your own risk and make sure you know how to reverse any changes. You could brick your Karoo or at the very least put it into an unsupported configuration.
gregm

Can’t add Karoo “launcher” to Nova home screen?

Post by gregm » Fri May 31, 2019 3:19 pm

Hi all,

I recently did a factory reset on my Karoo, and then configured for sideloading again.

Previously, I ended up with a “launcher” icon on my Nova home screen that would fire up he Karoo launcher. I liked that.

After the wipe and new setup, I try browsing and searching for “launcher” among the installed apps, in the hopes of adding a “launcher” icon to my Nova home screen, but it does not reveal itself, so I cannot add it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

-Greg

Steve
Site Admin

Re: Can’t add Karoo “launcher” to Nova home screen?

Post by Steve » Fri May 31, 2019 4:04 pm

Sorry if this is a silly question, but have you enabled Developer Mode so that you can see all apps?

gregm

Post by gregm » Fri May 31, 2019 4:07 pm

Yep — Dev mode is required to hook up to usb to sideload.

I can see ride app, pages, sensors, etc, but not the Karoo launcher proper.

Thanks!

-Greg

rikponne

Post by rikponne » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:59 am

I added "launcher" with the half android head in the icon as an Activity. It doesn't have the Hammerhead "H" icon, unfortunately.

With the new update, all apps installed show in Karoo's launcher, and so perhaps there is no need to boot into Nova launcher anymore?

gregm

Post by gregm » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:14 pm

Yes! That Android head was the icon I had on a previous setup, before I did a factory reset. However, on this setup, it was never available to select to put onto the home screen.

..and you are right! No more need for a launcher with the latest update from Hammerhead. Problem...avoided!

-Greg