Karoo back on track ?

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
Erwin M

Karoo back on track ?

Post by Erwin M » Sat May 18, 2019 4:11 pm

It looks that Karoo is going back in a positive direction. (Software Build Version: 1.42.600.3)
Because i have less problems. Tbt Works most of the time now.

I hope that they get the basics fast stable, so they can continue on the timeline.
Sometimes it was hard but i keep believing in this product.

JohnJ80

Re: Karoo back on track ?

Post by JohnJ80 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:08 pm

Erwin M wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:11 pm
It looks that Karoo is going back in a positive direction. (Software Build Version: 1.42.600.3)
Because i have less problems. Tbt Works most of the time now.

I hope that they get the basics fast stable, so they can continue on the timeline.
Sometimes it was hard but i keep believing in this product.
It's more stable and a lot better but I don't think they have it nailed yet. Close, but not quite.

At any rate, they need to be adding features at a rapid pace now with no regressions. If they don't get this done this biking season, I think it's going to be grim for them.

dthempel
Site Admin

Post by dthempel » Mon May 20, 2019 12:16 pm

The issue is the pace of development and the continued, "we broke something but we're not sure how" problems that require hotfixes and panic. They still don't seem to understand their own software and how the pieces interact. See the recent "bug" where returning to the launcher page from a ride deleted the route...

gregm

Post by gregm » Thu May 23, 2019 6:02 pm

Yes, improving...buuuut I can't seem to get it to "survive" a 10+hour ride without losing sensors and, usually, at some point, locking up and forcing a reboot.

In the meantime I bought a little Lyzne computer to use for long/important rides, unfortunately. I still hope that the Karoo can reach baseline reliability of other brands.

-Greg