ATG Release 1.31.574.3

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
dthempel
Site Admin

ATG Release 1.31.574.3

Post by dthempel » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:54 pm

NB: No version number was provided in the email and I'm not home to check my unit.

EDITED: Added Release number from the "About..." dialog in Settings.
-----

A new software update is available for your Karoo. This release fixes the "No GPS" bug, introduces detailed logging for in-ride crashes, and adds a new battery saving feature.

What's New:
Bug fix for the "NO GPS SIGNAL" issue
Please keep an eye out for this bug to confirm that we have fully addressed the issue

Enhanced logging introduced to identify the cause of the regular ride-app crashes encountered by some users
We believe internal testing of this new logging system has already identified the root cause, and we're currently addressing the issue

Karoo will now power down after 2 hours when not in a ride if the user has not interacted with the device
This was erroneously included in the previous release notes, and has now been introduced

Thank you for your support. Your work testing Karoo is invaluable, and benefits fellow Karoo users around the world.

reggieb

Re: ATG Release <no value>

Post by reggieb » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:11 pm

I ran the update and can confirm the auto shutdown. I walked away, forgot about it, and when I came back, it was shut down. So maybe it won't die 5 minutes in to my next ride like last time. That was the first time I forgot to shut it down - and now I've done it twice in a couple days - my training load must be getting to me. :lol:

reggieb

Re: ATG Release 1.31.574.3

Post by reggieb » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:05 pm

Just as an FYI for anyone outside of the ATG, the stable channel still hasn't received an update because of continued ride app crashes, though the Hammerhead team has at least identified a root cause being down to an issue with the Mapbox integration. They're also working on some regular GPS dropouts that basically all of us (even those of us that have never seen the ride app crash) have experienced. Sounds like they have to fix that navigation service issue, then roll out another ATG release to see if it's fixed, then a new release to the stable channel.

Steinello

Re: ATG Release 1.31.574.3

Post by Steinello » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:32 pm

... thank you for the update.
... and thanks for testing ;-)