Feature Request

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
hekie

Feature Request

Post by hekie »

Since many years I am a Garmin Edge user. At present I have an Edge 830. There are some issues that are very annoying and that Garmin hasn’t solved yet and that's my impression they don't want to solve. So I bought a Karoo 2 expecting that it would work much better. And yes the most annoying thing on the Edge is the back-to-route function that doesn’t work at all. The Karoo has implemented this function almost in perfection.
But there are 3 three points that I miss on the Karoo:
1. When a data screen is on your display and you approach a TBT point the Edge display changes to the map screen with a reasonable zoom level and after passing the TBT point the display shows again the data screen. I would appreciate such a behaviour on the Karoo.
2. When the map screen is on your display and you approach a TBT point the Edge changes the zoom level so that you can see the TPT in details and after passing the TBT the zoom level goes back to the prior level. It would be nice to have such a behaviour also on the Karoo.
3. When you connect the Edge to a Mac with a USB cable you have direct access to the directories located on the Edge. To get access to the FitFile folder I first have to enable Developer Options and USB debugging and to select MTP. Additionally I have to use the Mac App „Android File Transfer“. That’s very cumbersome particularly as I have to change to MTP every time after starting the Karoo. My request is to see the Karoo directories in the Finder as soon as I connect it to my Mac.
chasebiker

Re: Feature Request

Post by chasebiker »

2. Auto-zoom has been 'in development' for the past 9 or so months, when it will be implemented only they know but at least it is being worked on.

3. MTP defaulting back to "Charging" is a security behaviour of Android/Google OS. Frustrating, I know.
hekie

Post by hekie »

3. MTP defaulting back to "Charging" is a security behaviour of Android/Google OS. Frustrating, I know.
[/quote]

Wahoo Elemnt Roam/Bolt are also Android devices. They manage it. You also have to use Android File Transfer but you don't need to enable developer options and USB debugging by yourself.
chasebiker

Post by chasebiker »

hekie wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:28 am
Wahoo Elemnt Roam/Bolt are also Android devices. They manage it. You also have to use Android File Transfer but you don't need to enable developer options and USB debugging by yourself.
I've never used a Wahoo, interesting to know.

After a bit of digging through a weblog it implied, at least in reference to the Bolt, that it's based on Android 5.1 - MTP behaviour changed with the introduction of Android 6.0.

Android 6.0 changes > USB connection
Device connections through the USB port are now set to charge-only mode by default.
https://developer.android.com/about/ver ... havior-usb

Hopefully the Karoo devs can modify a permissions workaround in favour of MTP rather than the default charge-only state.
franconvillois

Post by franconvillois »

I had this function with my Garmin 1030 plus I’ll appreciate the same with my HH
When I’m looking at the data page with all of my metrics, as when I’m a turn the direction and map pop up so that i know which way to go without scrolling back to the map page

Thank’s the HH support team