"Go Home" workaround

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
Psyclist

"Go Home" workaround

Post by Psyclist »

I'm not sure why free on-device routing still isn't available because the rerouting engine is definitely fast enough to handle even bigger distances. I suppose some will have figured it out already, but in case someone needs it, here's an easy workaround for a "get me home" function: I created a tiny route called "Home" that just covers like 50m in front of my place. When I want to go home from anywhere, I just select this route and follow the "detour" it calculates. I've tried up to 30 km and routing takes just a few seconds.

ANW

Re: "Go Home" workaround

Post by ANW »

No workaround is necessary.

Just go to Settings > Hammerhead Account and put in your home address. If you do that, you can just press it on the map and navigate to it offline.
You can also create POIs on the dashboard that work the same way. Additionally, you can long press a location on the map for offline routing to that location.

dbareis

Post by dbareis »

That is the harder way, as Hammerhead don't provide any quick way of going to the home location.

ANW

Post by ANW »

If you don't have too many POIs, it is very easy to zoom out and press on the one for home.
On the other, hand, it can be a hassle to edit the ride and scroll through all your routes until you find the "home" one.