No speed or distance

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
KM1.8T

No speed or distance

Post by KM1.8T »

No speed or distance with new update. Seems like a basic cycling function to have. GPS and sensors are working. Anyone else? Looking to return the Karoo now.

KM1.8T

Re: No speed or distance

Post by KM1.8T »

Quick response from Karoo questioning about the sensors had me thinking. I disconnected the sensors and the speed and distance are now working. Reconnected radar and heart rate sensor and it continued to register speed and distance. Once you add the cadence sensor, the unit goes into pause mode and you loose speed and distance. Garmin GSC10 sensor. Changed battery in sensor and this did not help.

Since I have multiple bikes, I tried on another bike with same cadence sensor and unit appears to be working fine. Appears even after changing battery in sensor on the first bike, there is something wrong with the sensor and not the Karoo. My apologies to hammerhead.

If others are having this issue, try disconnecting sensors and see if that is your problem.

dthempel
Site Admin

Post by dthempel »

Also a reminder that this is a "users helping users" forum and not an official support outlet.

KM1.8T

Post by KM1.8T »

Yep, that was why I wanted to share what fixed my problem. There had been similar complaints on Hammerhead site as well.