Noob questions

Ask for help, find useful guides, or help others out with their issues.
GAskefalk

Noob questions

Post by GAskefalk »

Hi

did my first ride with my new Karoo today. Most went fine, some issues.

1. No grade when running w/o Route? True or my bad?
2. Elevation correction on Strava fails?

I also really missed smartphone notifications, any idea for a good sideload to get that?

Cheers

Gerry from Sweden

Erwin M

Re: Noob questions

Post by Erwin M »

Hi Gerry,

The grade should shown no matter if using a routing or not. Here it works.
For point 2, i just tested this on Strava and the Heights are corrected. (if it's really correct i dont know because it's a lot higher).

GAskefalk

Post by GAskefalk »

Ok

thanks for your answers not for me and Strava just gives "Ooops something went wrong for all rides"

I will try again.

Cheers

aquilinator

Post by aquilinator »

Hi.This is my first experience with the Karoo. Everything works fine, but I want to know if it's possible to see the track heading to the top of the Karoo.I don't know if anyone can understand me...I want that the arrow always heads to the front of the device,instead of the north.Thanks

dthempel
Site Admin

Post by dthempel »

Not true, unless something changed. Your grade on a climb will only show if you're following a pre-planned route. The Karoo doesn't use the on-board altimeter and it doesn't keep topography, so it can't know what the grade is unless you're following a course.

dbareis

Post by dbareis »

aquilinator wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:32 pm
Hi.This is my first experience with the Karoo. Everything works fine, but I want to know if it's possible to see the track heading to the top of the Karoo.I don't know if anyone can understand me...I want that the arrow always heads to the front of the device,instead of the north.Thanks
You probably didn't get a response because you hijacked the post, best to start your own when it's off-topic.

Anyway one of the buttons (the compass?) on the screen changes the behaviour to what you want/

Erwin M

Post by Erwin M »

dthempel wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:08 pm
Not true, unless something changed. Your grade on a climb will only show if you're following a pre-planned route.
I did test today without a pre-planned route. The grade is showing.
Maybe we talking about different things? :roll:
I mean the percent of the climb up/down.

dbareis

Post by dbareis »

Erwin M wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:44 pm
dthempel wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:08 pm
Not true, unless something changed. Your grade on a climb will only show if you're following a pre-planned route.
I did test today without a pre-planned route. The grade is showing.
Maybe we talking about different things? :roll:
I mean the percent of the climb up/down.
I believe that if you have a route planned the device will show you the past and upcoming grades. If you don't have a route then the upcoming is unknown and so not shown.