Saved Address / locatio

Ask for help, find useful guides, or help others out with their issues.
Gambrosi

Saved Address / locatio

Post by Gambrosi » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:05 pm

Hi, first apologies if this is located here somewhere - I could not find it.

Is there a way to have / keep a list of addresses or locations (chosen from map) as possible places to route to? I often ride in areas I am not familiar with and like to have my list of hotels, friends etc... that I can route to if needed. Yes the work around is to keep this in note or something on my phone but I don’t want to rely on always having my phone

Steve
Site Admin

Re: Saved Address / locatio

Post by Steve » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:44 pm

I'm not aware of any way to do that, sorry. If I've missed something, then hopefully someone will correct me.

Dobbel

Post by Dobbel » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:52 pm

Hi Steve,

you did not miss anything here. It is simply not built in.
This feature is called "List of FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS".

When plotting a destination or enter an adress, you should be able to mark this as "FAVOURITE".
You should be able to create a list of favourite for e.g. up to 5 or 10 entries max. making it possible to select from when entering a destination on your route.

But it has been requested, this feature, almost since the beginning.
I will create again an entry on Hammerhead´s forum for this feature.

Regards,
Alexander

PS Also the corresponding feature, which is "RETURN to START" (or origin) of your route, should be a standard feature in the navigation module

PS a feature called "Surprise Me" is also a should have in the navigation module. I had very nice experiences with this kind of feature using othe navigation bike computers.

Dobbel

Post by Dobbel » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:30 pm

extending this "old" but still actual thread I have posted a reply with my thoughts of the real User Requirement for Locations while Navigating:

Check it out on:
https://support.hammerhead.io/hc/en-us/ ... 0037366414

regards,
Alexander