Bluetooth audio: Can't get music players to work with Alerts

Ask for help, find useful guides, or help others out with their issues.
webbysdad

Bluetooth audio: Can't get music players to work with Alerts

Post by webbysdad »

Hey there. Brand new Karoo 2 user here. I think this may be a phone problem (not a Karoo problem), but here goes...

I have a pair of AfterShox Air bluetooth headphones I've paired with both my Karoo 2 and my Android phone. While riding, I do receive the audio alerts from the Karoo, but after the first of those alerts my media apps (Spotify and MediaMonkey) no longer respond to play/Pause commands from the AfterShox. It's almost like the pairing with the Karoo takes precedence and kills the pairing with the phone, but it actually doesn't. If I open the media app on the phone and hit 'play', the music is right there again thru the Aftershox - no repairing needed. After the next audio alert from the Karoo, the problem repeats.

The behavior I would expect is more like when you use Google Maps navigation with a music app on the phone. Google Navigation alerts casuse the music to fade out, then the music returns back to normal volume when the alert is over. I can't find any settings on the Karoo - or the phone - that make the Karoo and the Aftershox work this way.

Any ideas here?