Using nova launcher

Third-party apps, customisation, mods, development, custom kernels & ROMs

WARNING - Here be dragons!
If you don't entirely understand what you're doing, even following someone else's guide could end up with you bricking your Karoo, or leaving it in an unsupported state with no way to go back. By all means enter, read and learn, but undertake actions on your Karoo at your own risk!
Forum rules
Undertake any procedures at your own risk and make sure you know how to reverse any changes. You could brick your Karoo or at the very least put it into an unsupported configuration.
Orrocle

Using nova launcher

Post by Orrocle » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:47 am

Hi
Apologies if this has been explained elsewhere but I couldn't find it.
I have finally put Nova Launcher onto my Karoo along with Osmand and Open Canal Map.( So I can use Karoo while on my narrowboat.)
Both work fine.
How can I modify it so I can open karoo with the two apps on screen and another icon to go to the original hammerhead screen instead of having to press the bottom right button and choosing the hammerhead launcher. Then to go back to Osmand I press the bottom right button and choose nova launcher. Or is this the best way to do it.
Also Nova launcher has three white screens with the google bar at the top is there a launcher with a simpler one screen set up?
Extra question. How can I put gpx files into the download directory so Osmand can see them?

Thanks in anticipation

jhazelwd

Re: Using nova launcher

Post by jhazelwd » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:50 am

You should be able to create a shortcut to the Hammerhead launcher app from Nova Launcher (allowing you to start the launcher from a shortcut on the screen instead of pushing the side button). You can't start a ride from Nova Launcher yet, unless someone has figured out how to start the activity with parameters...which I haven't yet.

As for OsmAnd, assuming you've enabled USB debugging, you should be able to access the Karoo when plugging it into your computer. If it doesn't show in your file explorer you can move files from computer to Karoo using ADB. Adb push xxx.gpx /sdcard/downloads or whatever folder on Karoo you want.

Orrocle

Post by Orrocle » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:48 pm

Thanx jhazelwd
I'll try that method to move gpx files.
I Realise you can't start a ride from nova.
How do you make the shortcut?

Orrocle

Post by Orrocle » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:09 pm

I tried the push command but it came up with the error"push requires an argument "

Any ideas?

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:40 pm

Orrocle wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:09 pm
I tried the push command but it came up with the error"push requires an argument "

Any ideas?
Did you give it both arguments, the file and where you want to put it?

Orrocle

Post by Orrocle » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:52 am

I am not sure what folders are on the karoo so I just put downloads. That may be the problem.
Osmand looks for them in the tracks folder I'll try that.

Orrocle

Post by Orrocle » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:54 am

No that didn't work, do you know the correct path name

Psyclist

Post by Psyclist » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:16 pm

Orrocle wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:54 am
No that didn't work, do you know the correct path name
I'm just going on my first tour using OSMand. Got the GPX imported from Komoot like this:

Code: Select all

$ adb push 2018-08-05-MUC-export.gpx /sdcard/Android/data/net.osmand.plus/files/tracks

ghostus

Post by ghostus » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:56 am