Just joined the group...anyone else from New Jersey, USA?

Find other Karoo users in your area to meet up and ride with, or just to chat about Karoo with.
FitmanNJ

Just joined the group...anyone else from New Jersey, USA?

Post by FitmanNJ » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi, I'm David and still looking into purchasing a Karoo. The posts on this Board have been very informative. Anybody out there from New Jersey in the USA?

Thanks!

Steve
Site Admin

Re: Just joined the group...anyone else from New Jersey, USA?

Post by Steve » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:09 pm

I'm along way from the USA, but just thought I'd say welcome to the forums. Good to have you here.

FitmanNJ

Post by FitmanNJ » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:56 pm

Thanks for the welcoming words, Steve, and a tip of the helmet to dthempel who, I believe, had the initiative to start the group. It's serving to fill-in gaps and expand a lot of the information not fully developed on the official Hammerhead Karoo sites...

FitmanNJ

Post by FitmanNJ » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:01 am

Oops, now that I'm looking, it appears that "Steve" has been the pilot for group. Well, both Steve and dthempel have contributed a lot both here and elsewhere to the understanding of the Karoo's design and evolving capabilities!

dthempel
Site Admin

Post by dthempel » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:47 pm

Yup... Steve deserves the bulk of the credit. I just agreed to help out as a moderator and "idea bouncer". :)

Dave1442397

Post by Dave1442397 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:28 pm

Hey, another David in New Jersey here.

I'm in Cherry Hill, and have been using the Karoo for a couple of weeks now. I had some issues, but the latest software and a factory reset seem to have cured everything.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is using a stored route with turn-by-turn instructions. That'll be my next ride.

I was happy to find a post about grabbing the FIT files directly from the Karoo to my computer. I'm not a fan of only having rides saved on the dashboard.

FitmanNJ

Post by FitmanNJ » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:13 am

Dave1442397 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:28 pm
Hey, another David in New Jersey here.

I'm in Cherry Hill, and have been using the Karoo for a couple of weeks now. I had some issues, but the latest software and a factory reset seem to have cured everything.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is using a stored route with turn-by-turn instructions. That'll be my next ride.

I was happy to find a post about grabbing the FIT files directly from the Karoo to my computer. I'm not a fan of only having rides saved on the dashboard.
Welcome, David. I'm not quite as far along as you are with the Karoo. I've encountered a few issues that aren't optimal, but I'm hopeful that in time, these will be corrected.