First run out using the Karoo

Ask for help, find useful guides, or help others out with their issues.
Gman

First run out using the Karoo

Post by Gman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:38 pm

Did my first run out this morning following a route that i created on the Hammerhead dashboard . The route it self was there on the Karoo and it was doing what it should apart there was no tbt, there was an empty red box at the bottom of the screen.
Is there something I never enabled when i created the route or is it just a glitch?

Steve
Site Admin

Re: First run out using the Karoo

Post by Steve » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:39 am

If you've got the red box then it's probaly one of those annoying inconsistent Karoo behaviour things. Does the route say "Breadcrumb navigation only" (or similar) in the Routes app?

Gman

Post by Gman » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:13 am

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post Steve.
I created the ride on the main Hammerhead dashboard on the pc which was abit hit and miss!
Sorry Steve , i never noticed anything about breadcrumb navigation only message, i'm still trying to find myself around the device and such a novice .....lol

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:41 pm

The "Breadcrumb navigation" thing sometimes appears by the route in the Routes app, and also in small test in the Ride app when you pick the Route from the list in there. It can appear if you've gone way off-road where the map doesn't cover properly, but sometimes it has certainly in the past seemed to crop up more or less randomly on a route with no particular justification. If you see that then you won't get any TBT (Turn By Turn) instructions.

However, if you're not seeing that then you're just into "glitchy Karoo" territory. The first thing that I would suggest is the procedure at https://support.hammerhead.io/hc/en-us/ ... -the-Karoo

If that doesn't help, then I would do a factory reset. Karoo seems very prone to getting messed up in a way that a factory reset will fix quite easily (though after a factory reset you have to set a few things up again, like your wheel size and download any offline areas, which is a bit of a pain).