New K2 user - Best way to stop/start during circular ride?

Ask for help, find useful guides, or help others out with their issues.
Mark377

New K2 user - Best way to stop/start during circular ride?

Post by Mark377 »

Hi Everyone,
What is the best way to stop a K2 for lunch break in a circular downloaded route?
Today I stopped riding at lunch stop and turned the screen off to put unit in my pocket (didn't pause ride as auto pause is on), when I started cycling again, K2 was showing the route but screen kept turning off after a few minutes.
I went back into Routes, selected the correct route and pressed ride but still screen turned off. In the end I turned off K2 and restarted, it then tried to resurrect the route and took so long, I selected the route manually again and all was good, though ride was broken into two rides instead of one circuit.
On a previous circular ride, I had pressed Pause at the lunch stop and then had difficulty getting the route going again when I restarted riding and ended up selecting the route again from the Route menu which also gave me two rides instead of one circuit.
My old non-gps computer simply stops and starts when I do and records as a single ride.
The K2 is my first experience with a GPS bike unit and I got it for its impressive nav functions and so far very pleased with the accuracy of route following.

Many thanks,