Live Tracking on iphone

Ask for help, find useful guides, or help others out with their issues.
OldBiker

Live Tracking on iphone

Post by OldBiker »

Sent live tracking link to wife's iPhone X.

Link itself works perfectly when accessed directly via link in whatsapp, messaging or whatever. But.... once link opened in Safari and shortcut is saved to desktop, iPhone / Safari automatically changes the saved url and truncates it to https://dashboard.hammerhead.io

This means the link does not work. Instead, clicking on desktop safari shortcut results in HH DASHBOARD log-on page opening and no live tracking apparent once log on details entered.

The only way to get the HH LIVE TRACKING URL to work as intended seems to be to open messaging etc, scroll back to url message and click it there. Try another browser you say? Sadly, Safari seems to be the only iPhone browser that can make desktop shortcuts. I'd sooner stick with the HH url method than use Google, so: is there a trick to making safari desktop shortcuts keep the full tracking url?

Thanks
OldBiker

Re: Live Tracking on iphone

Post by OldBiker »

I have now noticed that on my Android SGN9, which *does* allow various browsers to create desktop shortcuts, shortcuts that should lead direct to HH Dashboard go instead to HH log-on, just like iPhone issue.

The problem seems to be with HH TRACKING / DASHBOARD links in general this is perhaps less to do with Apple / Safari and more to do with some problem with Hammerhead's. ie website.

Perhaps HH tech could try to replicate issue and resolve?

I'm now having email with HH Support, so if they don't update I will.
Alan J

Re: Live Tracking on iphone

Post by Alan J »

A workaround that seems to work for me. Put the iPhone into airplane mode and then try to connect. It can't do the redirect as it isn't online so it creates the shortcut to the correct live tracking location, turn off airplane mode and it should work.