Upload error

Ask for help, find useful guides, or help others out with their issues.
doubledutch

Upload error

Post by doubledutch »

Hello,
I just registered for this forum as I eventually received my Karoo 2 yesterday, very exciting! I really like the looks of it and the wealth of settings it offers. I did some short rides, just to test my new toy. And instantly have a problem: I saved my rides exactly in accordance with the instructions. Back home I opened my Hammerhead dashboard to find that only one ride had been recognized. The two others seem to be unknown, although they are still shown on the Karoo. All I get is a grey picture with the words "Other error" (see enclosure), which is not really helpful. It seems strange that one ride was saved properly, whereas the others weren't. I am not sure what to do now. Also, uploading these rides to my Komoot account failed as well.

Thanks for any input you may be able to give.
Attachments
karoo2_error.pdf
(131.43 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
dthempel
Site Admin

Re: Upload error

Post by dthempel »

FYI: This isn't a "supported" forum. It's just users helping users. This seems like something you'd want to bring to HH's attention via the official forums and/or a support ticket directly. Welcome to the group, but know that HH doesn't patrol here and you'll likely get a more direct answer there unless someone has encountered what you're seeing and already knows the answer. (I don't :D)
bikebikebike

Post by bikebikebike »

But we are much nicer.
And our answers are searchable.

The newer software has toggled the upload button that is at the (scroll down) bottom of the end of ride page to not upload by default on occasion.
You might check that . Updates often reset some defaults and add new options , that you get to discover.
The rides are stored as FIT files that can be retrieved from the device (PITA) and sent to other programs like Golden Cheetah, Strava etc

I have had rides not show up in the dashboard , but be visible on Strava
doubledutch

Post by doubledutch »

Hi,
Thank you both for your replies. I now understand the scope of this forum and have meanwhile contacted Hammerhead directly. They came back to me immediately. It appeared that GPS had been deactivated, possibly after I had added an external speed sensor to my settings. Everything is fine now. Thanks again.