Garmin Tempe

Ask for help, find useful guides, or help others out with their issues.
Petemarshall

Garmin Tempe

Post by Petemarshall »

Anyone know if it’s possible to pair a Karoo with a Garmin Tempe sensor?
bikebikebike

Re: Garmin Tempe

Post by bikebikebike »

Not that Garmin seems to put out much on this, but the Tempe is ANT+ and there is an ANT+ temp sensor protocol.

The Karoo1 has a temp sensor, and details are not given other than it is board mounted for ambient temps
though it is on a board deep inside with electronics that can warm up some. mine seems vaguely accurate, never calibrated

Karoo 2 has an on-board temperature sensor, a magnetometer, an accelerometer, a gyroscope, and an altimeter.

Not much discussion on it from HH for the past 2 1/2 years, though temp sensor problems were an issue for a few early on.

Have you tried to connect one or sent HH a support ping? and if you do send back what ever you get.
Petemarshall

Post by Petemarshall »

I have sent a message to support.
I got a Tempe for Xmas. It pairs with my Fenix 3HR and is pretty good for temperature compared to the watch alone producing a graph of temp when hiking on Garmin connect.
Not sure it’s really of much use on a cycle ride but I just thought I’d try and connect it 😊
If I get a response from support I’ll post it.
Petemarshall

Post by Petemarshall »

Response, how quick is that over Xmas 😊😌😊😊😊
Hi Pete,

Thanks for contacting us.

Currently, the Karoo does not have the capability to connect to the Garmin Tempe. I have passed on your request to the team and they will prioritize this based on the number of users requesting for it.

That being said, Karoo 2 has an ambient temperature sensor, which has the capability to check the tempertaure inbuilt within the device. We have a data field, which can show you the temperature data reading on the Karoo.

Best Regards,
Ashish
Hammerhead

Makes sense that it’s not really going to happen if the K2 has an internal sensor as It isn’t going to have the sort of problems with temperature that a Fenix does being on your wrist.