Third-party apps resolution problem.

Ask for help, find useful guides, or help others out with their issues.
nieuchron

Third-party apps resolution problem.

Post by nieuchron »

I have two third-party apps installed on my Karoo. First is the OSMap + which is working fine. The second is a YI Action Camera app, which I use to control my sports camera: Xiaomi Yi 2 Sports & Action Camera. The problem with the second app is the UI which is cut out in 2/3 of screen high. Because of this the app is useless, all main buttons are out of screen.

Is there any way to force the app to squeeze layout? Can I solve the issue on my own or I need to contact the developer? I could not find anything useful in app settings or Karoo debugging mode. The app is not available in Play store, I downloaded an apk direct from the server of YI.
Psyclist

Re: Third-party apps resolution problem.

Post by Psyclist »

I don't think there is. Problem is, at 480x640 the Karoo's resolution is lower than anything sold as a smartphone in at least the last five years, so mostmany developers don't even test their apps at such low resolutions or make any efforts to make them work on devices that they think can only be ancient. It would be Xiaomi's job to fix that but I wouldn't hold my breath, you're probably their only customer with this problem.
nieuchron

Post by nieuchron »

Thank you for your replay. Xiaomi support didn't made any surprise. They asked me to reinstall application providing the different app file. It did not work out. It were exactly the same app which is available on they webpage. I found different workaround. I installed the resolution changer app. To make it work the change in Karoo settings was needed. I did not root the device only change variable by Android Debug Bridge. Finally adjusting DPI from 220 to 150 made the compromise for all aps which I use on my Karoo. The topic can be close.
Coconuut

Post by Coconuut »

I wrote this in another post but I'm not sure if it was the right site, sorry.
Hello, first of all thank you very much for your work, you are a great help, congratulations and thank you again.
I have installed the oruxmaps app on the karoo 2 without any problem and working, but the audible alarms of the app do not work (do not hear). I do not know if I need another app to make them listen or there is a problem that I do not know. Please ask for help to solve it since being able to install that third-party app was one of the causes of the purchase of karoo2.
Kind regards and thank you again.