ATG Release 1.64.641.3

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
dthempel
Site Admin

ATG Release 1.64.641.3

Post by dthempel » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:47 pm

What's new in release 1.64.641.3

Introductions and Enhancements:

Gravel paths now have a greater routing priority when creating gravel routes in the Dashboard and on Karoo
Navigation has been improved, especially when importing long routes from third party services

Bug Fixes:

Automatic Strava uploads will occur the next time a WiFi connection is in place. Previously the auto-upload would fail and not retry if connectivity was not available when a ride was completed
Improvements were made to reduce the occurence of a false “Destination Reached” notice at the beginning of a ride
Fixed a navigation issue causing state route references to not be shown in turn-by-turn instructions
Fixed an issue that meant turn-by-turn instructions could cease mid-ride
The Distance to Destination data field now continues to show the distance to destination when a rider stops moving, rather than displaying a "..." reading

Dobbel

Re: ATG Release 1.64.641.3

Post by Dobbel » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:54 am

Thanks for sharing! :)

gadaga

Post by gadaga » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:06 pm

Dobbel wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:54 am
Thanks for sharing! :)
Yes. Always interesting to know what's coming up...

nordog

Post by nordog » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:27 pm

That's good news, will we have an update this coming Thursday?

dthempel
Site Admin

Post by dthempel » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm

I guess I'm a bad "tester" right now. For the most part, my Karoo has been working fine. ::knock wood:: I don't really need it for navigation, but have put in a few courses via the dashboard and/or third parties and ridden them successfully. Since I don't need the navigation and am ostensibly "training" right now, I can't say that I look all that often at the map or TbT.

I still think there's a heap of missed opportunity here due to the glacial pace of development, so that's my main complaint / concern / frustration with the way things are going. It's too slow to keep pace with the likes of Garmin and others. And the software's not good enough to run on other peoples' hardware (IMO).

What's still glaringly missing for me would be phone integration. Maybe next on the list would be integration with other training tools (Training Peaks?) to have workouts (done well).

I haven't checked the ATG forums in a few days, so I don't know what bugs people might be finding. From my experience, this seems like a "ship-able" version...