Navigation flyout on a data screen

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
Matt Dymes

Navigation flyout on a data screen

Post by Matt Dymes » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:45 am

So, I'm realizing one problem with hammerhead. Now into production, after being announced a year ago, there is not really any info on there on what this thing should be doing. There is really only general information on, this thing can to navigation, data, mapping, etc.

On my first mapped ride, while on a data screen, I would get a flyout, or layover on the bottom of the data screen, telling me of upcoming turns. That lasted for about three turns, until it stopped altogether. Now I cannot make this happen if I wanted to. To get any directional information, I have to be on the map screen. I guess before I pursue this, we need to know, is this something that should happen?

Steve
Site Admin

Re: Navigation flyout on a data screen

Post by Steve » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:34 am

You're right, those navigation cues are supposed to appear on the other data screens, and there's a setting to turn them off if you want in the settings for the Page sets in the Pages app. But initially they weren't coming up at all, and then HH supposedly "fixed" it so that they did appear.

You should report this to HH, either via the Feedback Portal (which goes directly to their engineering people) or via a support ticket.

dthempel
Site Admin

Post by dthempel » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:42 pm

Matt Dymes wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:45 am
On my first mapped ride, while on a data screen, I would get a flyout, or layover on the bottom of the data screen, telling me of upcoming turns. That lasted for about three turns, until it stopped altogether. Now I cannot make this happen if I wanted to. To get any directional information, I have to be on the map screen. I guess before I pursue this, we need to know, is this something that should happen?
It's still either a "bug" or an under-developed feature. You're correct and seeing the same thing that I am. The navigation cues appear on the data screens only briefly and then stop. The map screen always appears to have them -- or has for me on the two or three rides I've done to test/review nav. If it's not on the list of things to fix, it should be. :)

Tbeal

Post by Tbeal » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:09 pm

+1 - still not working despite latest software update. Have reported to HH

Matt Dymes

Post by Matt Dymes » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:05 am

So, I gave it another try this weekend. Not working yet. May navigation does work properly though now (it did not work before).

Changes Made
1. Latest firmware (mar23 2018) and factory reset of data
2. created route in RideWithGPS
3. Imported and edited with karoo dashboard to get native format

This thing is soo close to being what it was promised to be, I just need this one thing to work. Unfortunate though, I do not see it on the open issues list.

nordog

Post by nordog » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:22 am

On my ride last Saturday I used both screens and was happy see the distance and speed with out the turns showing, for on any strait section of road that is not needed, if I have a twisty complicated set of turns & junctions fine, I just flip the the screen back, no problems, so I would say it's not to serious.