Dashboard update - 0.9.8

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
Steve
Site Admin

Dashboard update - 0.9.8

Post by Steve »

Supposedly the Dashboard has been updated, as per the changelog from HH below. But I can't see any difference. Can anyone see the new features, or is it just me?

Karoo Dashboard Version: 0.9.8

Release date: March 16, 2018

Improvements:
– Can click on an activity to view its route on a map
– Can add the route of an activity to your list of routes, either from the Activities list or when viewing the map of the activity
– 50 waypoints added to all imported routes, rather than adding them if/when the user edits them
– One-click upload of an activity from the Activities list to TrainingPeaks
– One-click upload of an activity from the Activities list to Strava

Changes and Fixes:
– When inserting editing waypoints into imported routes to facilitate later editing, now able to add them at the most important points (e.g., at turning points in the route) rather than uniformly
– Can now set your metric/imperial units in the Dashboard's Settings (previously this could only be done on the Karoo)
– Fixed Route Builder marker click bugs in certain web browsers
– Fixed Openrunner route import issue
dthempel
Site Admin

Re: Dashboard update - 0.9.8

Post by dthempel »

Steve wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:32 am – Can click on an activity to view its route on a map
– Can add the route of an activity to your list of routes, either from the Activities list or when viewing the map of the activity
– 50 waypoints added to all imported routes, rather than adding them if/when the user edits them
– One-click upload of an activity from the Activities list to TrainingPeaks
– One-click upload of an activity from the Activities list to Strava
I'm also not seeing any of these updates. There don't appear to be any additional dialogs or buttons/pulldowns that would enable these options. All I'm seeing on the "Activities" pages is the name, date, time and distance columns plus the download icon/button.
dthempel
Site Admin

Post by dthempel »

The new features have just magically appeared. Maybe they published the list before actually hitting the button? :) The new features look nice, although I can't think of a use for them (for me) at the moment.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

Thanks Doug, I can see it now too myself. It does seem like a slight delay before they pressed the "Go" button.

The option to be able to at least see a map of your ride from the Dashboard is good, though I'm not too bothered about that myself because my ride syncs to Strava and Garmin Connect, and then on to RWGPS where I can see it.

TrainingPeaks users (again, not me) will presumably be pleased to see some integration there.