ATG: What's new in release 1.11.392.3...

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
dthempel
Site Admin

ATG: What's new in release 1.11.392.3...

Post by dthempel » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:11 pm

EDIT for clarity: This is the current ATG version, not the "release to public" version.

-----
What's new in release 1.11.392.3

New features and improvements:

Improved power meter integration - We are very interested in feedback on how well power meter calibration works for you
General Calibration Request for ANT+ power meters
Auto-Zero power meter management for ANT+ power meters
New Calorie-derived data fields
Calories Expended, calculated using power data
Calories/Hour calculation
New-look Historic Elevation Graph that shows entire ride
New Sunrise and Sunset derived data fields
Time of Civil Dawn/Dusk
Time remaining until Civil Dawn/Dusk
Time remaining until Sunrise/Sunset
Live sensor values are now displayed in the sensor details pages
We have updated the mapping engine on Karoo. Please let us know if you find any changes in the mapping behavior compared to earlier releases

Bug Fixes:

Fit File Recording Improvements
Reduced the number of missing records in fit file recordings
Reduced the number of FIT records that lack individual data elements (heart rate or speed for example)
Fixed in-ride discrepancy between Elevation Graph and Current Elevation data fields
Our updated mapping engine means the “Unfortunately ride has stopped” issue should be resolved - please contact us if you see it

Features and Bug Fixes in Progress:

Continued focus is being applied to further improve FIT file recording
Sensors freezing mid ride
Karoo battery life improvements
Nearing release of UI appearance overhaul
Improvements to TbT navigation

dthempel
Site Admin

Re: ATG: What's new in release 1.11.392.3...

Post by dthempel » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:19 pm

I also posted this request/question to the super-secret ATG group on HH's forums:

-----
"This update brings power meter calibration, and we're very interested in receiving your feedback about how well this addition works for you."

I *really* wish you'd clarify this. Calibration of power meters occurs at the factory. This is not user-configurable for most power meters that I know of. The process should be referred to as "zero offset". That's even what the manufacturer's apps call it.

I'm also curious to know how you think we'd "know" if it "worked"? I don't know if it works now with my Garmin or my Stages app. All I get in a number and an "OK". Is my power low today because the zero-offset failed? Or did I sleep poorly last night?

I realize people have asked for this, but I doubt many understand how it works or what to do with any values reported by the Karoo, Garmin, smartphone or computer app...

http://support.stagescycling.eu/en/supp ... wer-meter-

They only refer to it as "calibration" because that's become the mis-used term for the process.