Pre-release 1.5.305.3 Notes...

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
Voetsb

Re: Pre-release 1.5.305.3 Notes...

Post by Voetsb » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:55 am

It would be nice to use the info the Karoo has to inform the family at home where you are at the moment. Riding in the dark has more risks, and in wintertime you should not lay to long in a ditch along the road. I tried to install gpsme, but i seems not to work because it needs the Playstore. I think it's usefull to implant, see what happened to Steven de Jongh yesterday. It is a long term goal on the Karoo roadmap but I hope they will make it available soon.

JohnJ80

Post by JohnJ80 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:15 pm

If they go to monthly releases for the public release and keep up the biweekly release for the ATG, then I can see where this would have some significant value to them.

Psyclist

Post by Psyclist » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:16 am

Voetsb wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:55 am
It would be nice to use the info the Karoo has to inform the family at home where you are at the moment.
You could get the Traccar client from F-Droid and either use their service (it's not excatly cheap thogh) or run your own server, it's all open source. It's pretty easy to install if you have someplace to host it; I just installed it on a server of mine but haven't actually fed any data into it.

Edit: previously I couldn't remember its name but just found it again: µlogger. Traccar is certainly overkill unless you want to provide the service for a really big club. µlogger is much more lightweight but more limited in what tracking device you can use. Which shouldn't be an issue as long as there's one for Android.

nnovod

Post by nnovod » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:38 pm

Do you know if you can use the demo (http://demo.traccar.org/) as the server if you're just interested in tracking a single device?

Psyclist

Post by Psyclist » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:07 pm

nnovod wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:38 pm
Do you know if you can use the demo (http://demo.traccar.org/) as the server if you're just interested in tracking a single device?
I'm haven't tried but the description for the Android client does read like it should be possible. Tracking a ride via OSMand worked well with my own server yesterday. I even got a mail when I left the geofence I had set up ;)