Karoo Roadmap

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
Steve
Site Admin

Karoo Roadmap

Post by Steve » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:56 am

I just stumbled across this - https://www.hammerhead.io/pages/karoo-product-road-map

Seems pretty sketchy - no details of what the items mean (where it isn't obvious), and disappointing how many things are now "long term", that had originally been promised a lot sooner. Though no big surprise given the glacial pace of improvement these days. Seems like we're pretty much stuck with the current feature set for a long time.

Steinello

Re: Karoo Roadmap

Post by Steinello » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:39 am

... the provided information are very sparsely.
... and the kind of presentation seems to come from the trainee :mrgreen:

I like my Karoo and still hope for a better future with more devices in the wild.
(I´m an optimist - other will call me a dreamer)

JohnJ80

Post by JohnJ80 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:28 pm

I’d like to understand how they are defining short, medium and long term.

Short appears to be this coming update at month end. It’s long term that has me concerned.

RustedRoot

Post by RustedRoot » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:04 pm

Seems to me management is transitioning to reality, warts and all and it's a mighty struggle. I. too, am not happy with long term goals that should be much sooner and with non-defined time schedules. I understand its need not to be boxed in just to disappoint us with...nothing...but it's the price it is paying for living on Neptune for the last 18 months and now returning to Earth: space lag.

This rush to do updates every two weeks is killing its survival hopes. The last two: SNAFU or FUBAR. Given the time of year and how haste has hurt them, not moving to monthly updates is just dumb. Releasing new updates with fundamental errors is killing any semblance of remaining credibility.

nordog

Post by nordog » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:16 pm

Have you seen the new Dashboard layout yet?
New layout.PNG
New layout.PNG (228.99 KiB) Viewed 1574 times

dthempel
Site Admin

Post by dthempel » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:38 pm

Any chance we could keep topics on-topic? This post is about the roadmap, not about an existing feature. There's already at least one thread about the new dashboard. Please check for an existing topic instead of just replying randomly to other topics. Makes the board harder to read and certainly less "enjoyable" to moderate.

nordog

Post by nordog » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:11 pm

Sorry I must have been asleep, or this tablet is messing about again.

Simonicusfacilis

Post by Simonicusfacilis » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:54 am

Good catch. That is at least an improvement on the transparency front, even if it is massively disappointing on the capability score. If I had seen this last year I would not have pulled the trigger on this unit. Most of my 'wants' are in the long term list. YMMV. I struggle to see how they can really make a go of this. I hope they do and that this represents them stabilizing their schedule. History is not kind to them in this regard though.