Introductions and Enhancements:
- Distance-to-next-turn data field added.
- Total-distance-remaining-on-ride data field added.
- Messaging in Routes app changed from “Turn-by-Turn Not Available” to “Breadcrumb Navigation” when in the event of a TbT rendering issue (where TbT instructions will not appear but route trace is indicated).
Reliability of offline map downloading has been notably improved. Users should see a sharp reduction in related failures that have persisted through the last several sprints.
Features and Bug Fixes Still in Progress:
- Encouraging testing was completed around new ANT+ algorithms which serves as a foundation for expanding our support of ANT+ devices. While several sprints away, users can look forward to power meter calibration, battery level data, and more coming from this work.
- We are working to keep the data field display active while a ride is paused. For example, this allows a rider to see his/her heart rate while at a rest stop. Also, power data will also continue to be shown if a rider manually pauses but continues to ride.
- Introducing functionality so that the Lap button now records a lap event if pressed while Karoo is paused. This covers cases like when a rider pauses for a rest stop and Karoo auto-pauses before the rider presses the Lap button.
Fixes made to routes imported from GPSies and Komoot.