HELP: Retrieving a deleted FIT file

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
sschandoo

HELP: Retrieving a deleted FIT file

Post by sschandoo »

Hi Everyone,

Newbie here (but relatively active on the FB forum).

After coming home yesterday, following a day of riding, i wanted to combine the various fit files and proceeded to download them. Unfortunately, i accidentally pressed delete on the dashboard, instead of download, and lost half my ride total. I followed the procedure to view fit files on my Karoo by hooking up to my PC but when connected, the last fit file recorded was from 12th August. None of my fit files from yesterday (that weren't deleted appeared in the folder they shold be in).

(1) Why are none of the 15th Aug (yestrday) rides apearing int he folder? Or is this a normal time delay?
(2) By not appearing, does this mean that the ride i deleted is now gone forever and there is no way of being able to retrieve it?
(3) Why does the list of fit files in the folder not show a date for the actual rides - i had to hover over each file to se what date it related to?

Any help greatly appreciated.
bikebikebike

Re: HELP: Retrieving a deleted FIT file

Post by bikebikebike »

It's not you. Similar crashes have been happening with last update. no clear pattern in plaints.
I lost a ride with a memory overflow and lock up a week ago. Similar search to see if it got saved somewhere, without luck.
Frustrating and confusing path to restore, but it happened.
My hunch is a buggy update, but nobody with any real knowledge has come forward
Give it some time before giving up, but you may have lost the ride.
This problem is why they went to the circuitous end ride/upload series.
sschandoo

Re: HELP: Retrieving a deleted FIT file

Post by sschandoo »

Hiya mate

Thanks for the response. I managed to find the deleted FIT file by accessing developer options on the following day - seems to be a days delay in the upload of the fit files into that particular part of the Karoo. As a result, i got my full ride back and was able to upload to strava after combining.

It would be better to have a 30 day personal trash can in each person's dashboard so that if a ride file / route is accidentally deleted you can retrieve and restore it.