Karoo 2, Xert, and Zwift

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
EAnglea

Karoo 2, Xert, and Zwift

Post by EAnglea »

Has anyone tried to do an erg-based Xert workout on your Karoo 2 while watching it on Zwift?
I found a lot of info for doing this with the Garmin Edge, but not much with Karoo 2.
I plan to experiment a bit this evening, but was thinking someone has probably already sorted it out.
FWIW, I run Zwift on an iPad Pro. The trainer is a Tacx Neo 2t. There is also a Stages PM on the bike. I have the Xert app installed on the Karoo 2 and also on the iPad. And I typically use my phone for the Zwift companion app.
If anyone has any comments or opinions, I'm all ears...
Thanks,
EAnglea

Re: Karoo 2, Xert, and Zwift

Post by EAnglea »

So for anyone interested, it was actually quite easy.
I connected the Karoo 2 and Tacx via BLE and opened the Xert app on the Karoo 2. Then I disabled the trainer connection to Zwift on the iPad and connected the Stages PM via ANT+ using the companion app on the phone. The HRM Pro was able to broadcast to both the Karoo 2 in BLE and the Zwift companion app in ANT+ simultaneously.
The last step was to select a workout on Xert, start a ride on Zwift, and start pedaling.
Everything worked pretty much as I thought it should, however, I did notice that my speed, cadence and power readings were showing slightly lower on average on Zwift than they were on the Xert app/Karoo 2. My guess is different algorithms being used to measure between the Stages PM and the Tacx Neo 2t.
Which one was correct...? Who knows...