Karoo 2 will not resume sensor connections after pause.

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
Jdub

Karoo 2 will not resume sensor connections after pause.

Post by Jdub »

This is a fairly new device to me, but I am beginning to think it is a mistake. First, there's the I can't shut it off without starting a new ride thing. It would be incredibly useful if it would do that. Second, and this may be the deal breaker, it will not recognize my Varia or Bontrager Duo Trap after an extended stop. I have needed to go into sensors menu and disable, then re enable to get it to do a new search for the devices. Anyone else experiencing this issue? When it works, it is the best device out there. But honestly, I feel like a beta tester and not sure it is a good value for all the bugs in this software.
bikebikebike

Re: Karoo 2 will not resume sensor connections after pause.

Post by bikebikebike »

Yep, they do that.
Power saving and pausing are not playing well together.
I just never stop
I take the Varia and Karoo with me
If it would only add a pedometer function......
EAnglea

Post by EAnglea »

Experienced same this weekend. Using Stages L side power meter and Garmin HRM Pro chest strap. If I don't manually disable/re-enable the connection, it just says "searching". Post ride power graph was missing blocks of data from where I forgot to do this.
bikebikebike

? Did the command pare sensors ?

Post by bikebikebike »

Yep.
I had a crash at upload and lost sensors ? back ground uninvited update? I have avoided updating until I am sure no bugs.
Had to do several hard resets, with the associated joys of reconfiguration
took several hard resets/wiping to regain sensors over several days
with eventual restoration to baseline.
Pause has always given me problems, if I have an extended stop.

Maybe they changed the command to PARE sensors rather than Pair them.
bikingviking

Post by bikingviking »

I had the same thing happen to me today. Second ride with the Karoo and I stopped to get something to drink at a gas station and when I got back on, no power meter (no cadence either). I stopped the ride, saved it, and started a new one but still no power meter. I stopped again, turned sensors on off and on, then unpaired the PM but it never found it again. I had less than 30% battery, could that be it?
dthempel
Site Admin

Post by dthempel »

Had the opposite experience this past week and had expected the worst. Rode to my mom's house about 25 miles away. Stopped for a long chat, something to eat, etc. Was probably off-bike for over an hour. Hopped back on to do the 25 back home and everything picked up immediately. Don't know why the same device would work so differently. I have been pretty good about keeping up with the updates, though.
tolgraven

Post by tolgraven »

Ran into this for the first time the other week, after six or so months of sensors being rock solid. Logging a messenger shift so immense amount of stops and starts, usually works fine (in that pause-unpause is enough the rare time something doesn't come back online within search window) but this time nothing worked, even toggling sensors off then on.
Didn't have time to stop and fiddle but in retrospect should've ended ride, rebooted, then spliced the files later on (would be nice if unit could resume on its own though)