White line

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
JHDavisUK

White line

Post by JHDavisUK »

Hi all,

After updating my Karoo this morn I now have a 2mm white line at the bottom of the screen on all pages.
Has this happened to anyone else, and is there a cure - or wait for next update to resolve?

Thanks in advance.
Nigel

Re: White line

Post by Nigel »

Hi mate
yes we all got one it looks odd at first but add a route and its half yellow half white add lap and it goes white yellow blue.
Didnt like it at first until i tried it out, flick it up then side swipe between notifications really cool.
dthempel
Site Admin

Post by dthempel »

Folks read the patch / update notes, right? :)

I can't say I like it when there is no notification, course, lap or other info, but it's apparently there on purpose. Seems like nothing should show there until one of the above events happens, but I'm not sure if HH has re-instituted the ATG program and, if so, how many people are on it. Historically, they only really listened to us when there were literally breaking issues and the amount of input we had into overall design decisions was pretty minimal. I filled out the survey for ATG access, even with the apparent NDA that we were asked to sign, but I've not been asked to join. :)
bikebikebike

Re: White lines matter

Post by bikebikebike »

The release notes are nice, but you don't have to be deep into TLDR land to miss connecting a lot of the dots, or follow all the lines
They seem to have plenty of time to fawn over some bewildered triathlete with a video , but not a YT showing off their update work.
It's not like interns are hard to find in NYC, and it looks like they have a lot of new voices from the shop ,
boilerplating on the HH website Community board.

"Your communication is important to us.
Please pay attention as many menu options have changed."
-------Quoted from The International Coalition To Harry Hari, Be Frank with Franklin, and Ally with Ali
----------Home of Opinion Source Software Support

I asked friend Franklin for a demo vid, His eyes were elsewhere fixed.
He offered up a crumb or two, And recommend I send some Tix.
A list of features newly formed, submitted by the site,
while comprehensive in their reach did not set things to right.
It seems they can produce a vid of mountain roads by drone,
Or how some girl triathelete connected up her phone,
but can't do one for changes in oft used things that they have moved,
and forced Opinion Sourced Support to be what gets our use improved.
dthempel
Site Admin

Post by dthempel »

The behavior also seems random. I went out on Tuesday (?) -- what year is it? -- and the white line wasn't there at all. I don't know if maybe I got a phone pop-up on that ride that *did* have the line and nothing on Tuesday or if something else happened. Does this happen on the Karoo 1 as well? Asking as I've sold mine and can't test the behavior. I guess I don't even know if the phone companion app works with the "1"?