Custom Cues (lack of)

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
rog56

Custom Cues (lack of)

Post by rog56 »

As an endurance cyclist and new Karoo 2 owner, I generally want on-screen cues to indicate in advance features such as food / water stops, and event checkpoints. I think that such Custom Cues could be useful for any cyclist who rides routes of around 100 km plus.

Event organizers and cyclists can compose Custom Cues on RWGPS. I have been using the Wahoo Elemnt for a few years, and the Wahoo displays the Custom Cues from the RWGPS route. On the Karoo, this is not possible (AFAIK), as only the Karoo's own TBT cues are displayed. Because of this, I m continuing to use the Wahoo, and not the Karoo, for events requiring navigation.

Would you value having Custom Cues displayed on the Karoo? If so, please consider letting Hammerhead know of the value of this feature to you. You might raise this with Hammerhead Support, for example on the thread where I made my views known to them: https://bit.ly/30nX8m7

I like the visual presentation of maps on the Karoo 2, but I would not recommend the Karoo as a navigation device to other cyclists until a Custom Cues feature is added.