K2 Shipping Times

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
cole.callahan

K2 Shipping Times

Post by cole.callahan »

Hi Everyone, has anyone else ordered their K2 yet? I pre-ordered the night before the pre-order emails went out (I happened to look at the page at like 11pm EST) and submitted full payment two weeks ago. I'm just trying to get an idea of how quickly Hammerhead is shipping out units once people have paid. Thanks!
Brolly33

Re: K2 Shipping Times

Post by Brolly33 »

Nobody has mentioned receiving a production K2 pre-order on the FB pages yet, nor mentioned getting tracking numbers.
I am guessing they are still trying to get the first round out the doors. Looking forward to riding K2 in the spring :mrgreen:
cole.callahan

Post by cole.callahan »

Got a shipping notification this morning. Looks like it’s shipping straight from the factory in China. Very exciting.
tjvangelder

Post by tjvangelder »

Hi Cole, what was the exact day you have submitted the pre-order? That might help me to estimate when mine might arrive as I have completed the pre-order on August 25th and have not yet received the request to complete the full order process.

And to which country is tours to be shipped? Perhaps that might impact delivery times as well.

Thanks!
jschriesheim

Post by jschriesheim »

I received my K2 today. I had ordered it when the pre-orders just opened. It shipped from China this Monday via Fedex. Setup was easy and the profiles from my K1 transferred over.

Screen layout was largely the same with the only exception I've noted so far being the on-screen button hints are placed differently. The pull down menu has different icons and layout but very familiar.

I'm a little surprised that the font size for the metrics is smaller than the K1. I had read that character sizes were the same between the two units and there did seem to be ample space (at least vertically) to preserve the sizes. Don't know why that is.

There's another "Karoo helper" app to be loaded on your cell phone (I use an Android phone) that forwards phone call and text alerts to the K2. I haven't gone on ride yet and can't report how it works. I expect it's similar to the Wahoo Elemnt in that regard.
Karoos.jpg
Karoos.jpg (877.7 KiB) Viewed 883 times
Ferranpix

Post by Ferranpix »

Think you can’t do it if You have iphone? Isn’t it?
Dobbel

Post by Dobbel »

Ferranpix wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:32 pm Think you can’t do it if You have iphone? Isn’t it?

See the answer via my query I sent to HH:
https://support.hammerhead.io/hc/en-us/requests/47135

Summary: it will work without an separate APP on iphone

And without having tested this, that is no surprise, because MIO (or Magellan Cyclo in the USA and Australia) does offer this for more than 5 years now. https://www.mio.com/nl_nl/cyclo-605-hc
Via android phone an app to connect to the device. With iOS no app needed.

C´est ca!
praxyxia

Post by praxyxia »

Ferranpix wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:32 pm Think you can’t do it if You have iphone? Isn’t it?
Can confirm phone, app, and text notifications work on Karoo 2 without issues and without needing anything extra on an iPhone.
bikebikebike

Post by bikebikebike »

Dobbel
[/quote]
See the answer via my query I sent to HH:
https://support.hammerhead.io/hc/en-us/requests/47135
[/quote]

Link 404's
Dobbel

Post by Dobbel »

@bikebikebike, the link appears dead. Since it is one of my support tickets I seem the only one to open this link.

sorry