I Can Make No Sense of the Profile Menu

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
OHarris

I Can Make No Sense of the Profile Menu

Post by OHarris »

The old method for setting up a profile was good. Now it has changed and I cannot figure out how to use it. The main (only) reason I bought a Karoo was the great screen. I have bad vision but I like several data fields. I used 10 on my Karoo. I wanted to add a new data field and I messed it up. I now find that I cannot put more than 8 fields on the screen at one time, unless I totally don't know how to make this work. Far worse. I select a data field, and push the yellow button. The field I want is either not added or it is added in another slot on the screen where I don't want it. If I don't know how to change the screen properly, someone please tell me how. If this is how the new Karoo works, I'm going back to Garmin

dbareis

Re: I Can Make No Sense of the Profile Menu

Post by dbareis »

Don't know about other issues but I also can't get more than 8 items (I also had 10) and that is really annoying!

bikebikebike

If it makes sense you have other problems

Post by bikebikebike »

Sorry, bad joke.
sorta
I have never had more than 8 , but it is easy to add screens, and page between them
Go to the Profiles menu and select a profile.
tap the screen you want to reconfigure, or add a screen.
Their documentation isn't their strong suit.

It's annoying that you have to rewrite things rather than back out as a default and they do not appear to be saved in a way to archive.
It will restore, if lost totally, but can't be kept for reference.
You can duplicate data fields , and have a "page" for each use, based on the nature of what helps in the moment.
If I added much more, it would personally be harder to read, but I still have my screen sticker on , too.
Last edited by bikebikebike on Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ANW

Post by ANW »

How much can I sell an account that already has a screen with 10 fields on it for? :D

OHarris

Post by OHarris »

I'm sorry my post was somewhat hateful. It annoys me when something that works perfectly is changed to something inferior. I guess they cut back on the number of fields because I assume the Karoo 2 is going to be much smaller. I understand that they have to make the Karoo smaller and lighter, My son, who does hundred mile rides at over 20 MPH and races would never buy a Karoo because of its size and weight, but I just loved my bright 10 field screen which I could read with my near 75-year-old eyes. It had every metric I needed on one page---speed & average speed, cadence & HR, elevation & grade, power & distance, time of day & temperature. I know I can put all those and more on two pages, but it was better the old way. Now, I can't seem to put the data fields where I want them. They jump to other positions by themselves. I assume that is a bug that will be fixed. I have a Garmin 830 which I am selling on eBay. I can put 10 data fields on one screen on it, but of course, I couldn't read them.

bikebikebike

Post by bikebikebike »

Just wait until you see the July 16 version.
You'll forget your prior problems
and everything else
Just carry your laptop with you on rides so you can check the FAQ when you have a questions

Edit: I feel better now that I found that they moved the "End Ride" slider to under the "No Ride Selected " popup