Wahoo mount option?

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
ZenTurtle

Wahoo mount option?

Post by ZenTurtle »

Surprised there isn't an option for Wahoo mount, since the mount is replaceable? :?
Anyone know?

Is there a 3D print file to make a replacement mount as well?

bikebikebike

Re: Wahoo mount option?

Post by bikebikebike »

the Wahoo adapter allows you to use your Wahoo computer with Garmin mounts.
To be clear the adapter allows Wahoo computers to work on a Garmin mount and not vice-versa

Would the K-edge work?
https://k-edge.com/shop/computer-mounts ... nsert-kit/

ZenTurtle

Re: Wahoo mount option?

Post by ZenTurtle »

The adapter works, but that's not the point.
I have Wahoo computers as well and don't want to switch mounts on various bikes.
Why doesn't Hammerhead make a mount a replacement piece for the computer so it can go on a Wahoo mount? seems pretty straightforward

bikebikebike

Re: Wahoo mount option? tether options?

Post by bikebikebike »

? COuld it be that this a BarFly issue since they make the mount
I have looked at a lot of ebay mounts and they often can distinguish between a Garmin wahoo or Bryton
and are, um, uninspiring, given that an expensive piece of hardware is affixed to a mount that has to deal with road shock.
Any stories to help with tether mounting.
I had my shell bounce off when I dropped the Karoo, which was distressing since the tether mount has been problematic
needs new locktite , hard to install awkward to find replacements of varying length.
I have a notion that maybe I could splice a connector with extensions into the provided mount.
Factory provides a good accessory, but needs some options to make it as good as the rest of the device.