Radar Disconnects

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
KM1.8T

Radar Disconnects

Post by KM1.8T »

All is well with the Karoo but my radar disconnects randomly. Updated software on radar and Karoo and fully changed. Disconnected twice today on 50 mile ride. Have to toggle off and on the sensors and starts working again, anyone else had this issue? Thanks

2whluge

Re: Radar Disconnects

Post by 2whluge »

Just started using Vario radar this morning on a 10 mile ride and it could even pick up golf carts! I’ll watch for it cutting out

KM1.8T

Post by KM1.8T »

Some rides it never disconnects and sometimes it does. Strange behavior.

OHarris

Post by OHarris »

I have had the problem happen three times in about 3 months. Today, I did a 31-mile ride and noticed that the bar stayed white when I was riding through my town during the last mile. I love my radar, but I have a mirror, and I know it is dangerous to depend too much on the radar. I used a Garmin 830 for several months after I bought the radar and before I bought the Karoo and that never happened. I hope it will be fixed.

KM1.8T

Post by KM1.8T »

Never rely on the radar 100% as it is just a tool. I will go a few rides with no issues then it will disconnect, quick reset and good for a few more rides. Did happen with Garmin as well but would reconnect on its own. I am sure it will get figured out.

OHarris

Post by OHarris »

When I started, the radar would cut off about once every 2-3 weeks which I didn't mind that much. Now, in the past few weeks, it is cutting off every few days. Today, it cut off, so I reset it. It then hung up again in the last mile. I will go back to the Garmin 830 for a week or two to see if it is the radar's fault. If it is not, and this does not stop, it will be a killer and I will have to return to Garmin even though I like Karoo much better because of its bright, large screen.

KM1.8T

Post by KM1.8T »

New update today to fix disconnect issues. Fingers crossed!

OHarris

Post by OHarris »

Same here. I installed it and returned to using the Karoo. I have had no problems on two 40+ mile rides since.

KM1.8T

Post by KM1.8T »

Rode 42 miles today with no disconnects, good job Karoo! Don’t screw it up with future updates. 😊