Mtb trail road calculated directly on K2

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
Snowigor

Mtb trail road calculated directly on K2

Post by Snowigor »

I want to create a path on a cycle post in the woods directly on karoo2 ... how do I choose the type of path? the asphalted road is always proposed to me (in yellow) I would like to calculate the route in red
K2 road
K2 road
53BFE19F-4A88-48C7-8322-FD46FA3EB714.jpeg (654.59 KiB) Viewed 9983 times
Pulver

Re: Mtb trail road calculated directly on K2

Post by Pulver »

I second this - different routes depending on what kind of road you want to ride.

As a road cyclist I want the option to avoid "large" roads and prefer smaller (asphalt) roads.

As a Mountain bike cyclist I want the gravel roads and mountain bike tracks instead of asphalt.

As a commuter I prefer the shortest option with bicycle lanes instead of the car lanes etc.

The app "Naviki" has the option to choose from at least 6 different options of cyclist and chooses different routes depending on what you have set.

Once I got directions from Karoo to go on a narrow hiking trail in the woods with my road bike ;)
Lightingguy

Post by Lightingguy »

You can't essentially. Even if Hammerhead map shows the path its not a certainty that the map is actually aware that a path exists, so cannot navigate you. Ive run into this on RideWithGPS where i can on the map see the path i want to bike on but the database does not know about the trails, Frustrating.

This is one reason folks are pushing for Hammerhead to integrate with TrailForks as they currently have the best database for singletrack and off pavement routes, I think Hammerhead also uses the Open Street Map database and there are obviously many gaps in that.
therevokid

Post by therevokid »

I know this is not on device but ...

use komoot web based version route planner. link the komoot account
to your hammerhead dashboard and sync the routes. komoot does every
trail type going !
Lightingguy

Post by Lightingguy »

In my neck of the woods (Long Island, NY) , Kamoot does not show the majority of the local single tracks, thus I would not be able to use this for navigation. TrailForks is the only app that shows local single track.
Psyclist

Post by Psyclist »

It's not a quick remedy but medium-term the best thing to do would be to add the tracks to OSM. You can create an OSM account and then directly edit the map in your browser. The desktop editor JOSM is quite a bit more powerful but has a bit of a learning curve. Stuff will show up on the OSM website pretty much immediately; it usually takes a couple of months for HH to update the Karoo maps though.