Chris Froome Discussing Karoo 2

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
Brian

Chris Froome Discussing Karoo 2

Post by Brian »

I was listening to the new Bobby Julich and Jens Voigt podcast today. They mentioned Chris Froome giving an unscripted, completely open assessment of his new Israel Startup Nation Factor bicycle. So I flipped over to it on YouTube.

And low and behold, there was Froome giving a candid, five minute review of his new team bike. He talked about the things he liked (power transfer, handling, ceramic derailleur pulleys, weight) and the things he didn’t (disc brakes, flexing handlebars). The thing that caught my attention was his praise for the Karoo 2. Apparently, it is the ISN head unit of choice. He said he liked the versatility and especially like the maps and how detailed they are.

When I jumped on the HH bandwagon way back in the summer of 2017, I never imagined the device would end up on the handlebars of a World Tour team. Noteworthy accomplishment.
reggieb

Re: Chris Froome Discussing Karoo 2

Post by reggieb »

Most of the pros that I follow on Strava are using them. Andre Greipel (though some of his really long rides are suspiciously uploaded from a Garmin Fenix 6 instead of the Hammerhead), and a few others who were on teams like EF. I actually thought that Hammerhead must have gotten multiple teams, then I realized that they're all on Israel Start Up Nation now. Interesting. I think the only pro cyclist I follow on Strava that isn't on that team now is Phil Gaimon.