ATG Release 1.28.537.3

Chat about Hammerhead's Karoo in general.
dthempel
Site Admin

ATG Release 1.28.537.3

Post by dthempel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:28 pm

What's new in release 1.28.537.3

New features and improvements:

Upcoming elevation graph
Please note that the Y-axis scales for detail - this can make relatively flat sections of your ride appear hilly or rolling
Karoo now displays battery status of paired bluetooth devices
Calibration/Zero Offset for Bluetooth power meters
The color of the line indicating the route traversed has been updated for visibility
Selecting a field that includes two options (like Heart Rate & Heart Rate with Circular Zones) has been streamlined. A rider only has to extend the menu and click the desired item. There is no longer an additional “accept” button press required
When the user disables the map in a page profile, it is no longer shown in-ride if a route is selected for the ride. Turn by turn directions and on/off route messaging continue to be shown

Bug Fixes:

Fixed incorrect indications for left and right turn roundabout exits
Fixed bug affecting custom autopause speeds - users will need to set their custom value again in order for this fix to take effect
A bug has been resolved that made it possible for the last distance traveled in a ride to be temporarily visible at the start of the next ride
Fixed a problem where the "Remove Route" menu item could fail to change to "Add Route" after a route was removed
The 1, 3, and 5s speed fields are now free-running and are not subject to pause. It had been possible for these to have a residual speed and then stop “draining” off at that point
Fixed an intermittent bug where on/off route indication would not display on non-map pages
A bug was fixed where the post-ride activities summary could show the summary for a prior ride
Fixed a bug that caused the travel path to sometimes jump
Fixed an issue that caused the ride app to crash if opened while offlining a route
Fixed an issue in which multiple routes could be added to the map
Fixed a bug in which auto-pause sometimes failed to resume a ride
Fixed a bug in which Time to Sunset and other Dawn/Dusk related fields would not update when GPS points were missing

Behind the Scenes:

We’ve added additional logging to capture battery drain statistics based on the features used by our riders. This sets us up for further battery improvements in the future
Integrated a new routing SDK for future improvements

Features and Bug Fixes in Progress:

More battery life improvements are underway - groundwork is being laid for structuring Karoo to save battery when not in a ride and during extended pauses during a ride
Improvements to the reliability of syncing with the Dashboard
The Historic Elevation Graph can become frozen with an errant line back to the left of the diagram. Until this is fixed, the rider can return to the launcher and back to the ride to fix this situation while in-ride
There is an issue where offline regions may not download after a factory reset, and instead show “...” when offlining. Downloads will resume after an additional reboot
Known Bugs are also kept updated on our forum

reggieb

Re: ATG Release 1.28.537.3

Post by reggieb » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:37 pm

Can you find the upcoming elevation graph? I can't.

EDIT: Woops, I've never used a Plot area data screen, so I had to add one of those first. I'll give the field a try (though where I live there won't be much to display on said page, but that's alright).

dthempel
Site Admin

Post by dthempel » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:31 pm

Not much feedback here, although I'm seeing a little more activity and traction in the ATG "official" forum. Looks like adding people has at least increased the volume (and probably quality) of the traffic. I was only able to manage one, albeit long, ride this weekend and the device was fine. I didn't have a Route set, so was unable to use the elevation graph, although 75% of my ride was probably on a rail trail path with its inherent lack of elevation changes. (Trains don't like grades. :D)

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:44 am

So did feedback from the ATG make HH pull this release?

It's the usual great (i.e. nil) communication from HH on display again, since we should in theory have had an update yesterday. Though it's a step forward if they are actually listening to the ATG, and most releases make me wish I hadn't installed them.

dthempel
Site Admin

Post by dthempel » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:14 pm

There's quite a bit of chatter that I haven't gone through, but it seems like people are having issues. I went to use the Karoo on Saturday to find the battery completely dead. I *hate* the sleep behavior of the Karoo and can never remember to fully shut down. If *anything* is left on -- wifi, location, etc. -- the battery goes flatline in short order.

So... I'm not 100% sure I've ridden with the new software to even have an opinion...

And today it's snowing and I've got the day off (for a change) due to President's Day holiday (which I haven't gotten in years). So, I'm spending time doing other things and don't much feel like a basement session with the Karoo that only tests a small percentage of its features.

reggieb

Post by reggieb » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:17 pm

Steve wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:44 am
So did feedback from the ATG make HH pull this release?

It's the usual great (i.e. nil) communication from HH on display again, since we should in theory have had an update yesterday. Though it's a step forward if they are actually listening to the ATG, and most releases make me wish I hadn't installed them.
They introduced a pretty big bug that would cause reboot in the middle of a ride, and lost data.