ANT+ not accessible to 3rd party apps

Third-party apps, customisation, mods, development, custom kernels & ROMs

WARNING - Here be dragons!
If you don't entirely understand what you're doing, even following someone else's guide could end up with you bricking your Karoo, or leaving it in an unsupported state with no way to go back. By all means enter, read and learn, but undertake actions on your Karoo at your own risk!
Forum rules
Undertake any procedures at your own risk and make sure you know how to reverse any changes. You could brick your Karoo or at the very least put it into an unsupported configuration.
Ket

ANT+ not accessible to 3rd party apps

Post by Ket » Sun May 27, 2018 7:47 am

Hi All, has anyone figured out how to access Karoo's ANT+ radio from side-loaded 3rd party apps? I ran ANT Tester and it shown ANT+ Radio is detected, the firmware however says requires ARS.

If we could get this running then Karoo can basically do everything I ever need for a bike computer, I am running Trainerroad on my laptop, but it is a chore to set it up every time, it would be nice just to run the Android app on Karoo with all radios needed.

Cheers,

Ket

Steve
Site Admin

Re: ANT+ not accessible to 3rd party apps

Post by Steve » Sun May 27, 2018 8:38 am

I've not looked into this myself. But have you tried installing ARS from the Play Store?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ice.socket

Ket

Post by Ket » Mon May 28, 2018 12:04 am

Steve wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 8:38 am
I've not looked into this myself. But have you tried installing ARS from the Play Store?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ice.socket
Thanks Steve, yes I did try install everything the ANT Tester suggested, still no go, as soon as I installed ARS, the Built-in firmware changed from Requires ARS to "No Service", then Built-in ANT detected from YES to a YES with a red exclaimation sign. The rest are all green, and no ANT HAL Service.

Bluetooth is OK, because I did manage to connect my TACX smart trainer to the TACX Utility app, I could just connect direct from within the TACX app and didn't have to connect the trainer via HH's Sensors app first. I think I should try and connect the trainer direct to HH's Sensor app and see if it has the correct Bluetooth profile or see if it would stop it from working.

huysp

Post by huysp » Wed May 30, 2018 9:48 am

I'm also playing around with third party apps but ANT+ stll doesn't work except with the Karoo software itself.
Anyone found a workaround for this problem?
If we can install third party apps and use the ANT antenne it would be nice.