what apps did you sideload on the Karoo

Third-party apps, customisation, mods, development, custom kernels & ROMs

WARNING - Here be dragons!
If you don't entirely understand what you're doing, even following someone else's guide could end up with you bricking your Karoo, or leaving it in an unsupported state with no way to go back. By all means enter, read and learn, but undertake actions on your Karoo at your own risk!
Forum rules
Undertake any procedures at your own risk and make sure you know how to reverse any changes. You could brick your Karoo or at the very least put it into an unsupported configuration.
mgnewman

Re: what apps did you sideload on the Karoo

Post by mgnewman »

I am having the exact same issue. APKPure will not update apps. If you remove the app it will no longer install with messages about installation failed. This seems to have broke on the last APKPure update but need to confirm with other users. I am going to try to remove APKPure and reinstall to see if that fixes it.

Update: I do have a little more information although it may not be that useful (no fix). I cleared storage for APKpure, no luck. Cleared storage, removed APKPure, rebooted, no luck. I repeated #2 above but installed the beta version of APKPure, no luck. I downloaded an APK from APKmirror and utilized airdroid to move the APK over and the APK installed just fine. This appears to be an issue with APKPure at this point in time.

Update: Installed Aptoide (using airdroid) and updating/installing of app's works like a champ. Can't say that I like Aptoide due to the ads within the app. Really appears to be an issue with APKPure.

Update: I have installed the latest Karoo software update. Still the same issues. I have also noticed that installation of apps from APKPure is very random in working. For example Komoot will not install (I was able to download the straight apk and install) but Zwift companion installed fine.