side loading and custom launchers

Third-party apps, customisation, mods, development, custom kernels & ROMs

WARNING - Here be dragons!
If you don't entirely understand what you're doing, even following someone else's guide could end up with you bricking your Karoo, or leaving it in an unsupported state with no way to go back. By all means enter, read and learn, but undertake actions on your Karoo at your own risk!
Forum rules
Undertake any procedures at your own risk and make sure you know how to reverse any changes. You could brick your Karoo or at the very least put it into an unsupported configuration.
kanonengedonner

side loading and custom launchers

Post by kanonengedonner » Sun May 20, 2018 9:31 pm

There are few guys on the hammerhead unofficial facebook page that successfully sideloaded a number of apps (maybe OpenGApps too) as well as a nice launcher...Any of you willing to write up an easy step by step?
thx.

jhazelwd

Re: side loading and custom launchers

Post by jhazelwd » Mon May 21, 2018 7:20 pm

I'll try to put up a quick step by step on sideloading (you'll need a custom launcher sideloading as well or you can't get to the sideloading apps. Those instructions are on here already, but not a precise step by step. Sideloading apps and launcher is, and somewhat harmless unless you run out of space. The Gapps install (which a surprising amount if apps require) isn't as straightforward but does work. @cye did a great job of figuring most if this stuff out. Stay tuned and I'll write something up unless someone beats me to it.

kanonengedonner

Post by kanonengedonner » Mon May 21, 2018 7:44 pm

Sweet...you da man

jhazelwd

Post by jhazelwd » Tue May 22, 2018 10:00 pm

I posted a relatively quick and not super well refined How to Guide under the already existing installation of 3rd party apps thread (to avoid redundancy). See last post here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=88&p=1349#p1349