Use Karoo as a hotspot?

Third-party apps, customisation, mods, development, custom kernels & ROMs

WARNING - Here be dragons!
If you don't entirely understand what you're doing, even following someone else's guide could end up with you bricking your Karoo, or leaving it in an unsupported state with no way to go back. By all means enter, read and learn, but undertake actions on your Karoo at your own risk!
Forum rules
Undertake any procedures at your own risk and make sure you know how to reverse any changes. You could brick your Karoo or at the very least put it into an unsupported configuration.
gregm

Use Karoo as a hotspot?

Post by gregm » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:25 pm

I plan to travel with my Karoo and use a Google Fi SIM card in the Karoo.

I’d like to be able to use the Karoo as a hotspot, to share its Google Fi data connectivity with my other devices.

Is this possible? I see a number of Android hotspot apps; are these the way to go?

Thanks for any advice!

-Greg

Psyclist

Re: Use Karoo as a hotspot?

Post by Psyclist » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:11 am

I haven't tried but as the OS infrastructure is all there, a third-party hotspot app should be perfectly able to set this up even though it's missing from the settings.
I don't have my Karoo at hand and I don't remember what app it was exactly but for quite a few settings I've been successful with "hidden settings revealer" type apps. They just open the settings menus for stuff like CA certificates in my case that's usually available on Android but that HH have hidden from the menu.