Getting NovaLauncher back after system update

Third-party apps, customisation, mods, development, custom kernels & ROMs

WARNING - Here be dragons!
If you don't entirely understand what you're doing, even following someone else's guide could end up with you bricking your Karoo, or leaving it in an unsupported state with no way to go back. By all means enter, read and learn, but undertake actions on your Karoo at your own risk!
Forum rules
Undertake any procedures at your own risk and make sure you know how to reverse any changes. You could brick your Karoo or at the very least put it into an unsupported configuration.
kindofblack

Getting NovaLauncher back after system update

Post by kindofblack » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:54 pm

Hello

I jailbreaked the Karoo of my bike friend (right after he saw Komoot running on mine :D) but he did the last update over it and lost the ability to get the NovaLauncher.

So I tried to reinstall Apkpure and NovaLauncher, and it worked but only after using ./adb install -r
Despite that when I reboot his Karoo, I never get the choice of booting on KarooLauncher or NovaLauncher :o

Any hint ?

Thanks

jhazelwd

Re: Getting NovaLauncher back after system update

Post by jhazelwd » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:51 pm

If you hold the bottom right button down (the home button), it should give you the option to choose launchers. If you defaulted to the Karoo launcher you can use an adb she'll command to launch it (you'd need to know the package name), or the easier way is to install another launcher (which will allow you to choose a launcher each time you hit home), or uninstall and reinstall Nova. Start with holding home button.

kindofblack

Post by kindofblack » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:38 am

Great !

Home button didn't do it, but after installing an other launcher (Go EX) and reboot, I had the ability to choose among the 3 launchers (Karoo, Nova and Go)
Thanks for the smart hint

For my culture, what is the adb command to uninstall a package ?

gadaga

Post by gadaga » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:56 am

Hi,

Just a question on komoot... Do you have the full functionality available, including navigation and can you buy maps of a region on the Karoo?

Thanks,

Paul

Steinello

Post by Steinello » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:11 pm

Hello,

with Komoot you can buy single regions or for small money "all regions".
The regions are linked with the user account.
For route planning you can use the Software with the Android App or with an Internet Browser.
A nice feature is the integration in Chrome through a plug-in.

gadaga

Post by gadaga » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:15 pm

Thanks a lot for the information! Sounds nice (although the regions are quite expensive at 9€/region).

I suppose there is no need for the Google apps to be installed for using komoot?

Steinello

Post by Steinello » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:39 pm

... I think I payed for all regions around 30,- € (my location is Germany)
... the app you can install through the "APK Pure" App Store.
... I would never install the google App Store :shock:
... at the moment it works flawless :mrgreen:

Voetsb

Post by Voetsb » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:53 am

I paid about 20€ for Komoot, and (years ago) around 8€ for Osmand+. I can't believe there is a difference in price, depending in which country you live? Osmand is now in use on my phone, but I used it on the Karoo as well. You get a lifetime use for these full package prices, so I don't think it is a bad deal. But may be I need Locus maps also, it seems very wel for MTB use. We are allmost done on the road here in the Netherlands.